Christophe was trained as an engineer in physics and chemistry, and later received his PhD in Neuroscience from the University Pierre et Marie Curie in Paris. He came to Marseille as a post-doc in 2006 and became a tenured CNRS researcher in 2011. Laureate of the 2016 ATIP/AVENIR program team, he’s leading the NeuroCyto team, using advanced microscopy to decipher the structure and functions of the neuronal cytoskeleton. You can download Christophe’s CV here and see his Google Scholar page here.
Marie-Jeanne is an Associate Professor at Aix-Marseille University since 1991. She is teaching classes in Biochemistry and Immunology at the Marseille Saint-Charles Faculty, and at the ESIL engineering school. She also teaches in the Immunology and Neurosciences Masters. After studying the role of glycans in the HIV envelope functions (1994-2009) and characterizing new proteins at the axon initial segment (2010-2016), she brings her knowledge of cell biology and biochemistry to the NeuroCyto team projects.
Fanny is an Aix-Marseille University technician that is joining the team in September 2017. Fanny provides helps all NeuroCyto team members, and has a steady hand in the preparation of neuronal cultures.
After having worked in the lab for its M1 and M2 master internships, we’re happy to welcome Angélique in the team since October 2017. Angélique will work on various project, including bridging live-cell imaging with super-resolution microscopy to study axonal actin.
After a Master’s at University of Sheffield, Dominic has joined the lab in October 2018 as our first PhD student, thanks to a NeuroSchool PhD program fellowship. He’s working on deciphering the organization and role of actin along axons and at synapses.
After a Master’s at University of Frankfurt, Karoline wanted to help develop new super-resolution microscopy modalities. She started working in the lab in March 2019 as part of our partnership with the Abbelight startup company, implementing and testing their products on our applications.
We’re always happy to hire students and trainees at all levels – if you’re interested in an internship or want to discuss possibilities of a PhD in our lab, please contact us.
- July 2018-January 2019: Florian Wernert, Master 2 Neuro AmU (Master Neurosciences, Marseille).
- April-May 2018, September 2018-January 2019: Solène Gibaud, Master 1 and Master 2 Neuro AmU (Master Neurosciences, Marseille).
- Feb 2017-July 2018: Nikki Van Bommel, Master Student from University of Amsterdam (UvA), A*MIDEX Master fellowship.
- Dec 2017-March 2018: Meriem Sid, Master 2 Neuro AMU (Master Neurosciences, Marseille).
- Feb-August 2017: Sofia Yousfi, Master 2 ImaCell (Master in Cell imaging, Rouen).
- Feb-June 2017: Julie Da Costa, Bachelor’s degree BAE (license professionnelle Biologie Analytique et Expérimentale, Montpellier).
- March-June 2017: Angélique Jimenez, Master 2 Neuro AMU (Master Neurosciences, Marseille).